Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

So today is the 11th anniversary of Chris' lovely skiing accident. 11 years ago today Chris decided to go skiing with some friends. I might add just to be fair that he went in an effort to forget about the fact that I might have dumped him the night before after he sent a dozen roses to my work for Valentine's day. It really was a very nice gesture. He sent them as a "happy friday before valentine's day" present because he knew that I was not a big fan of the actual holiday. Who knows why that scared me a little. I cannot begin to understand what was going through my very silly head those many years ago. So to make a long story short, his friends talked him into skiing with them and to this day I am not sure that I understand how it happened, but it had something to do with a broken backpack, no ski poles, and a tree and that led to a beautiful helicopter tour off the mountain. Unfortunately for Chris he missed the tour because he was laying face down on a stretcher. Needless to say my Valentines roses arrived yesterday as a "happy dump day" gift. And they say women never forget!

4 comments:

Rob Dog said...

Ha ha ha!! I love it!! I told Chris, good thing I was always in his corner! :) Remember how bummed I was! And remember how awkward it was when we went to see him in the hospital! :) Good thing you got it together though! I say every good relationship needs a brief panic break up! :) Happy dump day to you both!

The Hardy's said...

That is a great story, your grandchildren will be telling that one! Glad to hear you are doing well--I had no idea you even had surgery. And you are better than a million bucks any day!

Heidi said...

I think it is hilarious he sends you roses on that day! That's classic! You better come up with something better for him next year. Maybe you should send him a ski pass on the the 12th next year!

Team Beardshall said...

Only Chris could find the humor in that I guess. Glad that you both didnt die! Look at all we have to enjoy now! Happy "dumb day" anniversary!