Friday, February 12, 2010

I SURVIVED

I survived my surgery! I am feeling so much better now. I almost feel normal, just a little low energy! I was a little worried about my survival when Carter asked me at least 5 times the night before my surgery if I was going to die! I assured him he would not be rid of me that easy, but my confidence waned a bit when I called Chris to tell him the surgery had changed from the minor outpatient surgery to in patient surgery. He was a little upset, because he was not able to get work off to be with me so when it was more complicated he asked me how I expected to have major surgery with him in Ogden. He said and I quote, "What happens if you die, I will be two hours away!" After we worked through that one he called me back to make sure I had sent in the life insurance checks that were due this month! Thankfully everything went well. Chris even made it to the hospital before I came out of surgery. His wonderful work rescheduled all of his patients for two days so he could be with me. It was great to wake up to his lovely face and know he would not be collecting his million dollars!!!!! I am just happy that I won't be having to do that again. I am running out of parts that can be removed! I should have had my appendix out while I was under!!!:) But seriously, I have had so much help from family and friends. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!!! It amazes me that is is possible to have surgery and be feeling well so quickly. It has only been a week and a half. We are going to Disney Land next week so hopefully I will still be feeling as good when we get back!

2 comments:

Rob Dog said...

ha ha ha! you should have had your appendix out while you were at it! Is that really the only other spare part you have?! too funny! Want me to post the pictures I took of you in the hospital and your wounds? I can ya know?! It would add a fun photo element to this post! he he he! Do you even remember that I took them?

Team Beardshall said...

I hope that you are having a blast in Disneyland!!! and I am glad that you didn't die...really what would Chris do two hours away! :). Is that really the last thing to come out? Ha, you are becoming more and more your mother I guess in that department. I guess I am not jealous of the surgery but it will be nice not to get a monthly bill so that is a plus ehe? Way to go. Steve and I were laughing that although you were probably in so much pain the last few times we saw you that you still had a smile on your face... I guess you get that from papa! And I am with Robyn...let's see some battle wounds!